Skip to main content
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Best book you have ever read? New author you want to recommend? This is the place.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The HIVE books by Mark Walden are really good, I’ve been reading them recently.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The magic Key by Roderick Hunt

Anonymous
    Inactive

I know, I’ve been waiting for book 9 for a long time

Anonymous
    Inactive

I tell everyone to read Flowers for Algernon. It is absolutely fantastic in every way.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Xmask They are now saying that it will be released 1st February 2019 but they keep on pushing it back. I mean, come on, we need to know what happens to Absalom.

Anonymous
    Inactive

There are a lot of very good maths books out there by Simon Singh. Probably the one you’ll be most interested in at the moment is The Code Book, it clearly explains a lot of codes and ciphers very well. Fiction books i really enjoyed were Skulduggery Pleasant and Artemis Fowl

Anonymous
    Inactive

Any book by Patrick Ness or Matt Haig.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Secret Breakers series by HL Dennis. It’s a group of kids working with British and American intelligence to try and decrypt an age-old cipher? Sound familiar? The cipher in question, though, is the Voynich Manuscript

Anonymous
    Inactive

My fave book is The Night Circus by Erin Morgernstern

Anonymous
    Inactive

I will recommend “Pour Me” by A.A. Gill and Lord of the Flies by William Golding, 2 brilliant, well written books. The latter has a unprecedented range of vocabulary that even those with degrees in English could not match, and considerable depth to the plot. The former has not much of a massive vocabulary range, but has deep symbolism and complex structural features, and explores some pretty interesting themes.

I’m at a grade 5 in English…, and at a grade 8/9 in EVERY OTHER subject…
    God I hate English 🙁

Anonymous
    Inactive

Me before you is a brilliant and emotional book. It will leave you crying at the end! I recommend reading it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

All Anthony Horowitz books are amazing like the Alex Rider series or The Power of Five series. Also, Holes and Fuzzy Mud by Louis Sachar are really good aswell

Anonymous
    Inactive

the CHERUB series is REALLY good

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would recommend the hour long Shakespeare series by Matthew Jenkinson. Cuts out all the boring bits, much easier to put on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.