Skip to main content

Home Forums The Sixteenth National Cipher Challenge: The Lost Legion identifying type of cipher (3b)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

using the tips from the decryption from 3a, I have not been able to identify what type of cipher 3b is, and I have done hours of research, and still have found nothing which could possibly work for 3b. The majority of the confusion comes from that there are only 5 types of letter in the cipher, the question I am asking is, is this type of cipher on any of the provided powerpoints?

Anonymous
    Inactive

From what I checked, no, but you should be able to figure out the cipher by reading over your 3a answer – don’t over think it and keep trying!

Anonymous
    Inactive

But how does that work?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d always look down this list of ciphers if I can’t solve a particular challenge.
    {snip}

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think this one is much more easily solved by thinking about it for long enough, rather than looking down a list of ciphers

Anonymous
    Inactive

read the answer to part A, and use google.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just think about the amount of letters used and think what you can do with that number so that it can fit into a cipher. Look at the length of the text compared to others and also if you look at 3a and read it, it should be blatantly obvious what the cipher is.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Look on the other forum pages for the official hints.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.