Skip to main content
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Solve challenge 4a first, then follow the hints in that and use google to help identify the type of cipher. More hints to follow…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m pretty sure I know what type of cipher 4B uses, but I’ve got no idea how to work out the key…help!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Ms B: Look at different YouTube videos. They explain how to get the key if you don’t have it. Type how to find the key for Name of the Cipher ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

What sort of cipher does it use??

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Hombie now that would be telling, wouldn’t it! Have you followed the hints above?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve decoded 4a but can’t seem to find any meaning to it. I’ve googled all leads I can find, but to no avail!

Anonymous
    Inactive

exactly the same please put more clues, i’m only in yr 7

Anonymous
    Inactive

OFFICIAL HINT: As some people are still working on part a I do not want to give too much away right now. But the following website should help you identify the type of cipher, if you have completed part a.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_cryptography
    Part a tells you which century to look at, and what country. This should then give you the type of cipher.

Anonymous
    Inactive

IF you know the type of cipher, and are looking for how to figure out the key word length you have a few options. Google “how to find the key length for …. cipher” should bring up some good results. The other option is to go to the resources page and look through the beginner’s guide to code breaking, as the cipher you want is in there. Also, please be aware this is a fairly long key length e.g. more than 7 letters. More details will be revealed tomorrow…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Also, the word structure has been left intact, this is not a trick. This could help you identify a few letters.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It is a Vigenere cipher. More hints to follow.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The key length is 13. So now you just have 13 caesar shifts to solve. Good luck …

Anonymous
    Inactive

What was the vigenere key?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The keyword for 4B was “ARCANAIMPERII” – secrets of the empire, in Latin.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.