Skip to main content
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Got a good puzzle for us? Something that might take everyone’s minds off the horrors of the Challenge? (Aka distract them while you rush to the finish line.) Tell us here.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I came across and interesting one the other day. I’ve yet to solve it, but I believe it has something to do with b64 encoding due to the fact that exactly 64 different characters appear. I’ve not had a good crack at it yet, but I’d be interested it see if anyone else is able to do it either.

It’s decently long so I’ve put it in a HasteBin: https://hastebin.com/raw/ofuduloxoq

One other speculation I have it that it might be bash code based off the fact that some lines are indented with spaces. This is probably completely wrong though because there are lines with just two chars so I think newlines are just like any other letter for this code.

Anonymous
    Inactive

A super easy one I just put together now is odaberocix if you get bored.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was reading a book the other day and came across this puzzle:
    There are 5 men and a monkey on a desert island. They spend the entire day collecting coconuts, put them all in a big pile and then go to bed. One of the men wakes up in the middle of the night and decides to split the pile into 5 equal piles and take his share. There is 1 coconut left over and he gives it to the monkey. He hides his share and puts the rest back. The next man wakes up and does the same, as do all the other men. Finally, they wake up in the morning and divide the pile into 5 and this time it divides into 5 equal portions. How many coconuts were there at the beginning?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ah, that makes me nostalgic. I used to set that one for our first years.

Anonymous
    Inactive

There are 53 cards (a normal deck of 52+1 jokers) face down on a table. You then start flipping them over at random. What is the chance that you flip all four aces before the joker?

Anonymous
    Inactive

You are outside a room. There are three light switches outside of the room, and three lightbulbs inside the room. You are unable to see inside the room. Each light switch corresponds an individual light. You must figure out which light switch corresponds to which lightbulb. You may change the switches any number of times, but when you enter the room to view the light, only one light is allowed to be on. You can only enter th room once. How would you figure out which light switch corresponds to which lightbulb?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.