Skip to main content

Home Forums The Sixteenth National Cipher Challenge: The Lost Legion Can you use decoding websites to decrypt things?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Well I didn’t know about that rule so I have cheated this year but I have next year and then 2 more years after that and I’m sure I will be able to easily write my own programs to help me then so here I come next year, more prepared for this than ever before (mainly because this is my first time), I wish myself and my team good luck next year. I will definitely not have as much time next year as I will have GCSEs then, the first few challenges I will ace then when it gets to challenge 4 I will still ace it then when it comes to challenge 6 I will ace it, when it comes to challenge 7&8 I will hopefully ace it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree, by Harry’s standards I broke the rules by using an auto-décrypter for the Vigenère earlier in the challenge – but it’s ok because we can’t win as we submitted a few late, and I plan to learn how to code this sort of stuff for myself, so that rather than searching up a website I can get it all done for myself – and come back next year with a bunch of code written to try and win!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think it’s a good idea to write a bunch of decoders so you can solve each challenge really quickly and focus on doing research for 7 and 8.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oops. But anyway, we aren’t doing that well. Did not know, but please could you make that a little clearer in the rules next year? Iam learning to code (ish).

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.