Skip to main content

Home Forums The Sixteenth National Cipher Challenge: The Lost Legion OFFICIAL 5B CELEBRATION THREAD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

You can post to this thread anytime, but no posts will be approved of until at least tomorrow.

Anonymous
    Inactive

nailed it, although i way overthought the middle of a
    good luck to all those still out there to complete it

Anonymous
    Inactive

Woot woot! Nailed it. The middle section of A… truly Harry is a sneaklord this year.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Once again, another rather ominous sounding message rewards those who complete the challenges: “Too easy, huh? Don’t get smug. Challenge 6 will be harder, and if you manage that then the horrors of Challenges 7 and 8 await!”

Anonymous
    Inactive

OMG!!! I actually didn’t think we will get this done. But yup we did! So happy 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

????

Anonymous
    Inactive

YAY! That was so hard but when you finally get it, it feels grest

Anonymous
    Inactive

Halleluja, We’ve done it!!!!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Interesting challenge this one, B especially.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Man, I was so satisfied solving this – it took me significantly less time than A.

Obviously to find the … was the real challenge of this one, since, if you’ve decoded A, you know with a bit of research the … being used. I was (snip). Took me a while to work out what I’d done and to get it back! It all looked so beautiful when I worked out what was going on, and so very clever, I spent ages trying stuff (snip) which of course didn’t work.

I’d never even considered how clever of a way this is to conceal stuff. It just goes to show that ciphers aren’t always what you stereotypically think!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Luckily, a habit saved me from wasting so much time on part A, otherwise I would have spent so much time on the middle bit. Part B was too easy.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Damn.

Harry is really going up and above with that part A. Messed my team up for a few minutes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

ayyyyyy, we did it

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have finally cracked this weeks ciphers, after spending approximately forever over-complicating just about everything that I could have. My only tip is to not over-complicate – combine the knowledge that you have acquired in other ciphers this year.

Good luck to everyone that’s still working, I look forward to next weeks harder ciphers!

Anonymous
    Inactive

That moment when you solve part B before part A through pure chance

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.