Skip to main content
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh wow… that was a fun cipher, and i was over complicating it so much, that it took me much longer than it should have done. I was expecting a different type of cipher (trifid) at first due to the number of unique character there were in the text (27, 28 counting spaces which normally don’t affect it), but then when i decoded the forum hints, i realised that it wasn’t that.
    DEFINITELY easier than 6B. If you have done 6B, and don’t overthink this challenge, then you should get it if you haven’t yet.

Fun challenge either way. Lets see what 8 has in store for us!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Finally got it. Went down the wrong route of trifid cipher at first because of the underscores but it was much simpler than I thought. Can’t wait for challenge 8.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s really helpful Michael. We have spent hours so far, and I have just found out about the trifid cipher. Good to know it’s not that as that was looking really complicated. But still stuck … have tried every keyword we can think of in Vigenere & Beaufort ciphers. Don’t think it can only be a scytale because of the frequency distribution but … maybe we are over-complicating things. Certainly looking forward to the next official clue!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh, that infuriating moment where thanks to Joan’s clues you realise that you made the entire process so much more complicated than it had to be! As it’s a double cipher – I did them the wrong way round – which makes everything all the more complicated and I had to find x many keys (x being the period of the scytale)!

Anonymous
    Inactive

🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I finally did it. I’m happy but frustrated I didnt realise something obvious earlier. Nice challenge though and I’m looking forward to challenge 8.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@thesnail trust the clues given to you on the official 7b help forum. They are true. This might be snipped, but i think that joan said that the cipher is scytale himself.

Anonymous
    Inactive

AYYYY, I DID IT REDDIT!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

The yay we managed to do it!!!!! a lot easier than you think actually…. somewhat easier than 6b???

Anonymous
    Inactive

As others have said, it was easier than 6B! Thank you for the clues. Gives us confidence going into the 8th wave that we might be able to complete 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Finally did it. Not easy to work out what type of cipher it was, and I still haven’t managed to make the steganography readable (I’ve got something that looks vaguely like letters but they’re not very clear). Still, I managed to do it with the forum hints.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Finally completed it! Thank you Joan for all the clues. Much appreciated! ?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.