Skip to main content
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@jj322 IT is usually best to solve a before b, although there are some people this week who say they have solved b but not a.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Are you allowed to tell us what technique we need to solve the U and E part?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@born2it hints, including that section will be given starting tomorrow.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have solved and submitted 5B, and have found the answer to the EUEUUE part of 5A, but… I am not sure how to correlate it with the rest of the message. It is not clear which combination of decrypted text to submit, despite the fact I have decoded all of it. Please help!

Anonymous
    Inactive

OFFICIAL HINT: I know a lot of you have done this already, but decrypt the beginning and end of the message, and ignoring the middle part to start with. The sentence below the middle part tells you more about it. Then go ahead and decrypt that. Think about steganography, and how these series of letters (and what the sentence tells you they are) could spell out a word. This will help you for part b. As for what to submit, you submit the exact decrypt of part a, not any hidden meanings.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by .
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Steganography

Anonymous
    Inactive

Please help soon 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hiya,
    Just wonderning if submitting an answer incorrectly before then correcting it will mean that I lose points, as I think I know what the solution is but I don’t want to submitt it and find I’m wrong and have lost points. I’ve done part B so think I can figure out the middle section from the “thing” I used in B, but I’m just not sure and don’t want to risk it!!! Thanks 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

You will never lose points by submitting more than once. You can (Within reason) submit as many times as you like, and your most accurate answer will always be the one that counts.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Please give us clues i am surrfring because of lots of e and u

Anonymous
    Inactive

When do we have to solve part a by to get full point?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Full marks for part a are based only on accuracy not speed (for the duration of the challenge, i.e. till 11.59pm on Wed).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Once the answers are revealed, could you please tell us how to decrypt the long string of Es and Us is please? I have managed to solve both part A and B (and know the keyword for B), but am still interested in the cipher type for that chunk.

Anonymous
    Inactive

OFFICIAL HINT: Steganography is concealing a message somehow. Don’t do anything fancy when trying to decrypt the section of U’s and E’s. The sentence after the U and E’s tells you that yes, they are decoded to just 2 letters. Use those 2 letters and turn them into the colors they represent. Then you need to think where there may be line breaks to make an image appear. Good luck.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I solved the eu bit of 5a on Friday night, and 5B on Thursday night, but I’m still not sure which bits to submit for part a. All my submisuusions are 60% correct, yet I have decrypted all of it. Do we not send in the answer to the eueueu bit, or do we send it in as if it was part of the substitution, or do we put the thing in the middle? We’ve tried many combinations, but none of them seem to work…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.