Skip to main content
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@Koala, no. But Part B will probably be easier if you do!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Deus scientiarum the answer to your question lies in the solution to 5a! If you’re having trouble actually making the …, don’t use black and white squares – just use any two letters with the same height and width, it’s good enough if you can look objectively.

As for Joan’s clues, beautiful and strong is actually super useful if you look at it right. Weird, I don’t know of a cipher called the “BeautifulStrong” though…

Anonymous
    Inactive

yes solve part a before part b i think anyway

Anonymous
    Inactive

does anybody know what the keyword is

Anonymous
    Inactive

i have been trying to do this for days……..:(
    please help with the part a black an white thing….
    pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese

Anonymous
    Inactive

@lolestnoob if you mean the black and white bit of part a – check out the forum for 5a. Although I have copied one important hint from there below:
    To get the hidden meaning which will give you the key word for part b, use those 2 letters and turn them into the colors they represent (or turn one into a space & leave the other as a letter in word). You also need to choose a font which gives each letter an equal width (like Courier New). Then you need to think where there may be line breaks to make an image appear. To figure out where line breaks may be look at the factors of the length of the U & E section of text (there are not many options).

Anonymous
    Inactive

I did it with spaces and @ on a monospaced font to work out the key becuase it is then really easy to see patterns (also check the divisors of the section you are checking because it must be one of them)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Joan, please can you release the cipher before the final deadline.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not sure what our mistake is but we only managed to get 99.83%, wondering if it is a common problem or just us messing up grammar?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Zadnib no this is not a common problem. You must have an error somewhere.

Anonymous
    Inactive

OFFICIAL HINT: The cipher for part b is the Beaufort cipher.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cracked it, thank you @Joan Clarke

Anonymous
    Inactive

FINALLY GOT IT YESSSSSSSSSS

I mean it’s really late, but better late then never

I’m unhappily awaiting the horrors of Challenge 6, but to be honest my main struggle was with the steganography in A and finding the keyword for use in B.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Joan. Help. Please

Anonymous
    Inactive

OFFICIAL CLUE: The keyword is ARCANA IMPERII. The cipher is Beaufort.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.