Skip to main content
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The bs and is give you the key you need. You just need to ‘decipher’ them, and as joan said, they are steganography.
    Fun fact, stenography and steganography are two completely different things. I’ll let you look that up on your own.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@alicimo if you copy and paste the steganography letters into a text editor with word wrap turned on, then you click and drag the window size to alter the line length it changes in real time before your eyes.
    A few tips:
    (i) you MUST use a fixed pitch font such as COURIER NEW or it won’t work.
    (ii) You might want to try a small (I mean very small like 4-5) font size even if your drop down options don’t go that small.
    (iii) Try a larger document size like A3 landscape if needed.
    (iv) Try replacing either the bs or the is with a space character – you choose which.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I believe that I have got the side lengths of the steganography correct, and have changed it to a bitmap image. I can see letters but they appear distorted and it seems like they overlap each other. Does the text in the steganography appear clearly?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@nebuler the letters do appear clearly and should not overlap. Sounds like you are close.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I DID THE STEGANOGRAPHY!!!!!
    I know the cipher. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH
    I CAN’T SOLVE IT ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@nebuler your “side length” might be a factor of the required line length, causing an overlap. Think of a longer line than a longline firsherman.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So are there no more clues other than what is given through the stegonography?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Any more clues, please we’d love some more

Anonymous
    Inactive

Are we getting a clue today?

Anonymous
    Inactive

OFFICIAL UPDATE: So, it has been a week now. If you have been following all the clues so far then you will know 2 things. 1 is that this is doubly enciphered, 2 is that it uses the scytale cipher. You have not as yet been told what the other cipher is, but could probably make a good guess. I suggest that your next step would be to try out various possible lengths for the scytale, and then with each one of them calculate the index of coincidence or the Babbage kasiski test to try to find length of the keyword for the other cipher. More clues will follow.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s a week through and I still have’t worked this one out!!!!! It must be time now to put on some clues??!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

#RAGEQUIT

Anonymous
    Inactive

i figured out it was a scytale by myself, although it also said a message which i have also uncovered what does this message mean??

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would not say this clue you have given is steganography: as I understood it, steganography is the hiding of a message within a picture, whereas this is the hiding of a picture within a message. Have I got that wrong?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Where is the clue? We literally have no idea what to do.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.