Skip to main content
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

OFFICIAL HINT: You do not have word structure to help you this time, so follow standard cipher procedure. Look at frequency analysis and then ioc (index of coincidence). This should give you a good start.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Gah we have done it but we have 99.87%!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Have we come across the cipher/s before?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Im so close! I can see scrambled words in the cipher but I feel that I am stuck. Can you give us a hint please…?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Think I’ve figured out part of the cipher(s) but am confused on the next half!
    Have we done this(these) cipher(s) before?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Same! I’m assuming it is doubly enciphered with a (snip) but can’t work out which :/

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m an idiot. I’d solved it without realising. For everyone out there once you have the key length then this is a lot easier than you’ll think!

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you’re still stuck on this, read the answer to 7B. It might help you a bit along with Google…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I found a word there, seemed very similar to the possible keyword, but didn’t quite work…

Anonymous
    Inactive

When is the next hint?

Anonymous
    Inactive

OFFICIAL HINT: Once you have figured out how long you think the Keyword is, go with it. Decode as you think it should be done, then look carefully, very carefully at your solution and see if you can find the additional twist.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That is kind of suggestive that it’s a keywors cipher…

Anonymous
    Inactive

There are many different ciphers which use a keyword when decrypting, not just a keyword cipher. Good luck!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anymore clues? I think I’m pretty close but I don’t have it yet…

Anonymous
    Inactive

OFFICIAL HINT: This is a double cipher. One cipher you have seen before lots of times. Work on that as normal. When you think (based on the ioc and frequency anaylsis) that you have decoded it, then look carefully at your solution. The second cipher should become obvious at that point.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.