Skip to main content
Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Looking at what I got (I wrote the previous post when I’d just seen my program return words but not read them yet) I was looking at words backwards, some of which were nearly palindromes (MARYAM and some others), and thinking “this looks close”, messing around anagramming the keyword (which got the word MARYAM correct but then lots of other letters went wrong) instead of trying reversing the whole message…

Anonymous
    Inactive

What is the second cipher though? That’s what we need now. Or is is it just fiddling around with the order of the letters and changing the odd letter?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yippee we did it! For us it turned out to be just 1 cipher. The keyword is quite random but that makes it effective.

Anonymous
    Inactive

OFFICIAL CLUE: To solve 8a, first reverse the whole message. Then decode using Vigenere with keyword Nijmegen.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am completely stuck. I used a frequency analysis, and an ioc and got the probable keyword length and the most common 3 letter word, but I am still stuck. Help! And I thought that the rest of my team had done it, but we now only have 1 day to do it.
    HELP!

Anonymous
    Inactive

How do you reverse a cipher?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Done it!
    Do you need to insert space in the correct places?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Noushi you do not need to include spaces, it is just easier for you to read with them their. Your score will be the same with or without spaces.

Anonymous
    Inactive

*there

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.