Skip to main content
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Is the keyword for the first cipher a word or just a collection of random letters? I know what the ciphers are and am very close to solving it!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Can you give us a hint at the second..I’m near English and can see some words but not sure what the second cipher is. Many mono/poly alphabetic?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@theindianmeister_jh the keyword is indeed a word, but it is a place name, so it may not look like a word to start with.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think I’ve got the first cipher but I’m not so sure about the second.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have feeling it is something to do with 5.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is the keyword an anagram of the place name? Because I got some letters right but not with the place name, only with some anagrams. Even then not all letters were right.
    If the keyword is just the place name, then none of the letters make recognisable words and I can’t tell what the second cipher is.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve got the first, but have no clue about the second. There’s been lots of the first cipher-all you need is the keyword.

Anonymous
    Inactive

OFFICIAL CLUE: It is a vienere with 8 letters. Then some reversal has taken place.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does it begin with an e?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I submitted what I had for a in b and got 12.22!!!!! OMG!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@joan, my keyword is an anagram of the place name, and I can easily do the second step leaving me with the correct answer, but with one incorrect word.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Koala I did that too but I got 10.69?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does part a have anything to do with the secret message? or is it just part b which contains the secret message?
    Also, the first time i was looking at the keyword anagram and 8b, i thought that the words in 8b were all ‘anagrammed’ in that way, and tried to reverse them like that. That was obviously wrong :D. However, I still wonder whether the way the keyword is ‘anagrammed’ has anything to do with the secret message

Anonymous
    Inactive

OFFICIAL CLUE: First reverse the whole message, then they keyword for part 1 is a place name, not an anagram of it. Part a is not anything to do with the secret message, it is purely part b.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That is really weird. What you just said works perfectly but an anagram of the keyword, used on the unreversed version, starts with “MAYRAM” (I assumed I’d anagrammed it wrong as the letters were switched) and has various other scrambled words that sound relevant.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.