Skip to main content
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Funny, I swear Agricola was also a word in a certain language…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anybody know how the two ciphers are combined??

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can’t see a way to translate death of farmer that has 15 letters instead of 14.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Strider

Joan said ‘Farmer’s Death’

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just try previous Languages the keywords were in, and translate ‘farmer’s death’ into that

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do we get any more clues?? Pls we need help.
    Open to suggestions

Anonymous
    Inactive

@strider hint: it’s not nominative

Anonymous
    Inactive

OFFICIAL HINT: The key word for the vigenere is “Agricolae mortem”. Once you have decoded this, you need to decode the affine shift too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

How do I find which part of the cipher is Vigenere and which is affine shift?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Stuck on the same thing… just tried doing it layer by layer (Vigenere then affine shift) but it yielded utter nonsense…

Anonymous
    Inactive

OFFICIAL CLUE: It was encoded first by an affine shift of x -> 7x. Then the result of this was encoded with a vigenere. Hope this solves the problems.

Anonymous
    Inactive

how would this be written as in key form?

Anonymous
    Inactive

What does x->7x mean??

Anonymous
    Inactive

It means if you convert a letter (say, d) into its number equivalent (4), then multiply it by 7 (28) and then find the remainder when it is divided by 26 (2), then convert that number back into a letter (b) then every time it (d) occurs in the plaintext it is represented by that letter you just calculated (b) in the ciphertext.

Hope this helped!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Check page 10 of Prof. Graham A. Niblo’s “A beginner’s guide to codebreaking” on this site.

https://2017.cipherchallenge.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/A-beginners-guide-to-codebreaking-1.1b.pdf

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.