Skip to main content
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Found a problem with the site that isn’t urgent? Report it here and the Elves will pick it up when they have a moment.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by .
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t know if it’s a bug or if it’s intended, but on one’s name where you can then access the drop-down to manage team, etc. instead of a space between your forename and surname there is a backtick. Again, I don’t know if this is intended or not. (Can repo. on IE, Edge and Chromium)

Also, on mobile there doesn’t appear to be any way to access the forums besides appending /forums to the url. Not sure if I’m just blind and can’t see the button though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

With thanks to Bottersnike who is taking the lead on debugging this year. We think the mobile menu issue is fixed now, but do let us know if there are any browser issues.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you, good catch. Fixed now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Very minor: On the Lesson Plan page (https://2017.cipherchallenge.org/resources/lesson-plan/), the Beginners Guide to Codebreaking link is https://2017.cipherchallenge.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/A-beginners-guide-to-codebreaking.pdf, but the file can’t be found as it’s really named A-beginners-guide-to-codebreaking-1.1b.pdf (found via other pages, e.g. Media).

Love the site, Harry, can’t wait to get started…

Anonymous
    Inactive

There’s no limit to team description lengths. I broke the page formatting by setting our description to ‘muhahahaha’ (etc) for about 1000 characters. Also, 100 characters is a really long length for team names. My teacher chewed me out because apparently ‘Roses are Red, I love Caligula, There’s no rhyme please help, Fourteen peninsulas’ wasn’t memorable enough.

Anonymous
    Inactive

it seems that the link to last years cipher challenge seems to work, but the page is very much empty, and none of the challenges are accessible. similarly, there are no other previous challenges available, except 2002-2004 via external websites. could these be made accessible directly so that we have something to try out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

aliman – hopefully this has all been sorted now and you can see all of last years challenges. Before that, sorry no they are not available.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not necessarily a bug, but in Challenge 0, Tacitus’ book is spelled “De vita et moribus lulii Agricolae” when it should be spelled “De vita et moribus iulii Agricolae”. Google autocorrects this when you look it up.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve submitted a correct answer for Challenge 1 part A, and I’ve deciphered part B, but there is not box to submit my answer to B on the challenge page. Is this a bug or a feature added to reduce load for the first challenge start?

Anonymous
    Inactive

NO WAY OF SUBMITTING MY ANSWER TO CHALLENGE 1B!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

i cant submit for part b, part a had a box to input it but there isnt one part b

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can’t submit my answer to task B. Is this a bug? I’ve already submitted task A.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have submitted an answer for part A but now I have completed part B it won’t let me submit.

Anonymous
    Inactive

nevermind, i was using chrome when it wasnt working but when i opened it on firefox it was fine, might be something to look at but its probably just my computer playing up

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.